Syracuse University, M.F.A. degree in Printmaking, 1989
University of Wisconsin at Madison, M.A. degree in Graphics and Painting, 1978
SUNY at Potsdam, B.A. degree in Studio Art, magna cum laude, 1977
College Teaching Experience
State University of New York at Oneonta
Adjunct Lecturer: Taught Drawing & Design Courses 1995 - 2017.
Printmaking 1 course taught as sabbatical replacement in Fall 2015. UUP Discretionary Award for Teaching.
Special Topics: Papermaking course taught in Spring, 1995.
Hartwick College, Oneonta, NY
Resident Artist in Art: Classes in Printmaking: Relief, Intaglio, Lithography and Silk- screen Processes, alternating semesters Fall 2001 - 2002, 2007 - 2014. Printmaking 3, Directed Study and Independent Study courses in Advanced Printmaking, 2010 - 2014.
Special Topics: Printmaking and Papermaking, Fall 2014.
New course created for Pine Lake Summer Program, June 2012, called “Drawing from Nature.” Course was cancelled due to low enrollment but will be offered again next year. Sophomore and Junior Review participation, 2010 - 2014
Resident Artist/Instructor of Papermaking, January 2002.
Cayuga Community College, Auburn, NY,
Professor of Art, 1980 - 1994
Sabbatical awarded in Spring 1987 for course work and curriculum development for new courses in Printmaking and Drawing.
Professional Workshop Teaching Experience
Papermaking Workshops taught in my studio, Pondside Pulp & Paper, established in 1995 in Norwich, NY. Regular Summer course offerings include: Introduction to Papermaking, Big Paper, and Sculptural Handmade Paper Lamps.
Artist Residencies at schools, colleges and art institutions around the Northeastern US include: Papermaking Class at Syracuse University, Sculptural Paper Lamps at Brookfield Craft Center, Brookfield, CT, Papermaking workshop at Truro, MA Center for the Arts at Castle Hill and a Papermaking workshop at the Nantucket Historical Society’s 1800 House. Artist Residencies in schools, 5th - 12th grade include Papermaking work- shops at Norwich High School, Edmeston Central School and others.
Professional Workshop Participation and Tutorials
Zea Mays Printmaking Studio, Florence, MA:
Mini Residency at Zea Mays Printmaking Studio, tutorial with Nancy Diessner, March 19 - 26, 2018.
• Editioning Drawings: Photopolymer Intaglio and the Artist’s Hand, supported in part by SUNY Oneonta, Department of Art Funds, February 27 - 28, 2016.
• Nontoxic Intaglio Printmaking - work attendance to this workshop made possible through Hartwick College Office of Academic Affairs and the Department of Art and Art History, July 12 - 15, 2010. I donated one of my completed prints to their archive upon request. These Nontoxic techniques are offered and minor adjustments to Hartwick’s Printmaking facility were implemented beginning Fall 2010.
Saratoga Center for the Arts, Saratoga, NY, Solar Plate Printmaking taught by Roger Hyndman, June 11 - 12, 2011. Roger Hyndman came to Hartwick College, as a visiting artist, to give the same workshop to my printmaking students supported in part by a Green Grant, Fall semester 2011. This nontoxic photo- printmaking technique is now offered in Art 233: Printmaking: Intaglio course at Hartwick College.
Garage Annex School for Book Arts, Easthampton, MA:
- "Wunderkabinets: Architectural Book Environments," taught by internationally known book artist, Hedi Kyle, September 25 - 26, 2004.
- "Woven and Interlocking Book Structures," taught by Claire Van Vliet, Fall 2003
- "Stationary Departures," taught by Hedi Kyle, Fall 2001
- "The Book Restructured - Wire-Edge Binding Workshop," taught by Daniel Kelm, August 1-5, 1994
Carriage House Paper, Brooklyn, NY:
- "Flax Makes Books," taught by Lynn Sures at Carriage House Paper, Brooklyn, NY, 2001.
- "Pulp Painting and Overbeaten Flax Workshops," taught by Donna Koretsky on Martha's Vineyard at Seastone Papers, 1995
Visual Studies Workshop, Rochester, N.Y.
- "Visual Books" taught by Keith Smith, July 1994 and 1991.
Women's Studio Workshop, Rosendale, N.Y.
- • "Oriental Papermaking in Dimension" taught by Krista Spieler, 1991
- • "Japanese Papermaking" taught by Amanda Degener, 1989
- • "Oriental Bindings" taught by Hedi Kyle, August 13 - 14, 1988
- • "Pop-Up Books and Paper Engineering" taught by CarolBarton, 1988 • "Monotype and Chine Colle" taught by Anne Kresge, 1985
Nancy Callahan’s studio, "Alternative Book Structures, "July 1993, Gilbertsville, N.Y. and Water-base Silkscreen, Guilford, NY, 1988
Professional Organizations and Artist Panels
- CANO, Community Arts Network of Oneonta, formerly Upper Catskill Council on the Arts, (UCCA,) 2012 to present
- Juror for Colorscape Chenango, Norwich, NY, 2010 - 2012.
- Chenango County Council of the Arts 2008 Individual Artist Grant Program, Panelist, Feb. 12, 2008
- New Product Test group, Golden Artist Colors, New Berlin, NY, August, 2007.
- NYFA and the Chenango County Council on the Arts, Artist Focus Group, Norwich, NY, April 5, 2007.
- Southern Graphics Council Conference, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ, March 17 - 21, 2004.
- Chenango County Council of the Arts, 2000 to 2011.
- Chenango County Chamber of Commerce, 1997 - 1998 Entrepreneur Society of the Chenango Chamber of Commerce, Charter Member, 1996 to 1999
- Norwich Fine Arts Guild, 1994 to 1997
- Center for Book Arts, N.Y.C., Artist-Member, 1989 - 1996
- Dieu Donne Papermill, NYC. 1994 to 1997
- Print Club of Rochester, 1987 - 1996
- Syracuse Printmakers, 1986 - 1996
- Upper Catskill Council on the Arts, Oneonta, NY,1994 - 2011
- Women's Caucus for Art, 1987
- Women's Studio Workshop, Rosendale, N.Y., 1985 - 1996
Exhibition Record Solo Exhibitions
- Solo Exhibition at The Gallery, Ann Felton Multicultural Center, Onondaga Community College, Syracuse, NY, October 2 – November 7, 2017 with reception on October 4, 2017, 11 am – Noon
- June Tyler, Prints and Drawings, Kubiak Gallery, CANO, Oneonta, NY, August 7 - 23, 2015
- “June Tyler of Pondside Pulp and Paper,” Exhibition of paintings, prints, handmade paper and drawings at Santo C. DeSpirt Marble and Granite, Agawam, MA, September 2013 - ongoing.
- Café Connection in Norwich, NY, March 5 – June 16, 2012
- Retrospective, 1975 - 2005, Paintings, Prints & Drawings, Mariea Brown & Raymond Loft Galleries, Norwich, NY, June 2 - July 7, 2006
Two - Three Person Exhibitions
- "June Tyler & Joseph Kurhajec," Kubiak Gallery, Wilber Mansion, Oneonta, NY, August 24 - September 21, 2007
- "Studio 2," exhibition with Nancy Callahan at the Fine Arts Gallery, SUNY @ Oneonta, 2002
- "Paperwork," Kubiak Gallery, Oneonta, N.Y. 1995
- Syracuse University MFA exhibition with Nancy Callahan, 1989 Wells College Exhibition with Kumi Korf and Debra Birmingham in Aurora, N.Y., 1985
- Workshop Instructors Exhibition, Morgan Art of Papermaking Conservatory & Educational Foundation Gallery, June 23 – July 29, 2017.
- SUNY Oneonta Faculty Art Exhibit, Martin-Mullen Art Gallery, SUNY Oneonta Fine Arts Center, September 6 – October 21, 2016.
- Faculty of Hartwick and SUNY Oneonta Exhibition, Foreman Gallery, Hartwick College, February - March 2016.
- Guest Artist, Made in Chenango, Norwich, NY, October 2015.
- “Art ev TH-e’agenGktAdjunct,” Adjunct Faculty exhibition at SUNY@ Oneonta in the Project Space Gallery, Fall 2013.
- Faculty Select Exhibition: Summer 2010 and Summer 2011, Martin-Mullen Gallery at the State University College at Oneonta, NY.
- State University of Oneonta Faculty Exhibition, November - December, 2011, Martin- Mullen Gallery, Oneonta, NY.
- "OUTRAGEOUS PAGES, Ingenious Artists' Books," Fine Arts Gallery, State Univ. of NY College at Oneonta, January 21 - March 7, 2008.
- "The Sam and Adele Golden Foundation for the Arts, 10 Year Celebration and Silent Art Auction Benefit and Exhibition, Golden Artist Colors, New Berlin, NY, October 6, 2007.
- "Biennial Art Faculty Exhibition," Foreman Gallery, Anderson Center for the Arts, Hartwick College, Oneonta, NY, February 22 - March 21, 2007
- "7 Women," 55 Mercer Gallery, NY, NY, March 28 - April 23, 2006 "1997 - 2006 Colorscape Chenango Arts Festival", Norwich, NY.
- 1ST Place Cash Award in 3D Mixed Media, 1997 & 1999 Juror for Art Festival, 2001 - 2003
- "East of Ithaca: Printmakers from Binghamton and Oneonta," The Ink Shop Gallery, Ithaca, NY, September - October 2002
- "From the Earth, a new look at Mother Nature," Chenango County Council of the Arts Gallery, Norwich, NY, January - February 2001
- "Earthworks," Fourth in a Series of Exhibitions Celebrating the Natural Elements, Bremer's Farm, Otego, NY, September 1997
- "Womanwove," featuring six Central New York Women Artists, 12 Rooms -4 Gallery, Syracuse, N.Y., May - June 1993.
Selected Juried Exhibitions
- "Members of Chenango County Council for the Arts Exhibition," Best in Show, Mariea Brown & Raymond Loft Galleries, Norwich, NY, November 10 - Dec. 17, 2004
- "1997 Crafts at Rhinebeck," Rhinebeck, NY, October, 1997
- "The Boston Printmakers' 43rd N. American Print Exhibition," Lincoln, MA, 1991
- "Hand Papermaking," a juried exhibition of Syracuse Univ. student work, Instituut Sint Maria, Antwerp, Belgium, April - May 1989 and Syracuse Univ. Center, Florence, Italy, June 1989.
- "A Decade of Papermaking, artists who have worked at Pondside Pulp & Paper from 1995 - 2005," Mariea Brown & Raymond Loft Galleries, Norwich, NY, July 21 - August 25, 2006, see catalog.
- "HANDMADE, Paper and Print," works by Nancy Callahan, Gloria Escobar, Bobbi Goldman, Rhea Nowak and June Tyler, MURAL Gallery, Frank W. Cyr Center, Stamford, NY, July - August 2009.